Examples of Fields and Technologies we support
- Bioinformatics, Systems biology, Omics
- Gene editing, Synthetic Biology
- Simulation of bio-molecules, Analysis software for biotechnology
- Analytical equipment, Medical/diagnostic device, MEMS, Sensor, Image analysis
- Digital health, Digital therapeutics
- Breeding, Fermentation, Fertilizer, Agricultural chemicals, Food substitutes, Plant factories
- Bio fuel, Purification of soil/water/air
※We mainly support early-stage startups.
What you experience in the program
- Competitor/Market research
- Structuring interview sheet, Execute 1on1 user/client interview, Discover users’/clients’ pain
- Strategize business, product development and market strategy
- Creating a strong pitch deck
- Pitching to investors
- Build lasting relation with future clients
- Develop products and sell them
- Program Kick-Off
- DemoDay (Pitching to investors, future client companies and media)
- Discussion with mentors [as frequently as possible]
- Office hour with peer startups [weekly]
- Lecture [weekly ~ bi-weekly]
- Happy hour with other startups and supporters
Theme discussed in each content
- Legal personality registration, Capital strategy, Basic knowledge of contracts
- Creating a strong pitch deck, Presentation training
- Competitor/Market research, Customer research, Product market fit, IP strategy
- Product development strategy, Market-in strategy
- HR strategy, Team building, Role of CEO
- Corporate branding
- Press releases, Media relations
Participants who wish to be funded during the program will be provided (up to 10 million yen) with funding for daily expenses during the program. Investment conditions are determined through discussion between Digital Garage and each selected startup.
*In order to receive accelerator funding during the program period, applicants will need to apply as a corporation or incorporate during the program period.
IT AREA SUPPORT
Participants can receive advice from DG Lab‘s globally active engineers in the Blockchain, Al, and VR/AR field. Participants can improve the quality of their business by receiving support and advice from a perspective unique to company-affiliated engineers.
SPECIALIZED AREA SUPPORT
You can get mentoring on business and product development strategies to bring your technology to the right market from mentors such as researchers, senior entrepreneurs, and specialists (eg. lawyer, patent attorny, tax accountant). The proactive discussion with leading companies in Onlab BioHealth’s partner network will also get your business closer to success.
MANAGEMENT STRATEGY SUPPORT
In addition to receiving advice from the Digital Garage Group’s investment teams and Open Network Lab members who have accelerated over 100 startups since 2010, participants can also receive advice on their company’s financial strategies from investors and incubators both in Japan and abroad.
By interacting with peer participants and senior entrepreneurs, participants will be able to discuss issues and receive feedback. This program can also support overseas expansion with Digital Garage’s global network.
We offer free incubation centers in Tokyo and in Kamakura. We also provide space in the U.S. (San Francisco) during the program.
For participants selected who are interested in using wet lab spaces, we provide desinated wet lab (BSL2) at a discount. However, please note that participants are expected to cover costs of reagents, particular experimental equipments and so on.
We offer benefits that you can use in all areas, including opening a bank account, accounting, cloud storage, and recruiting.
OPEN NETWORK LAB BIOHEALTH SPECIAL OFFERS
Open Network Lab BioHealth offers special discounts and plans for various services that startups often use to better focus on developing and growing their products. We encourage participants to use our Partnered Programs ranging from infrastructure, analytics, lawyer office, tax accountant office to recruiting (Services will be added and removed on an as-need basis).
- Corporation/team/individual engages in biotechnology/healthcare business (We especially welcome projects using IT and data).※We also welcome applicants based in universities.
- Those who want to build a business based in research results, patents, and creative ideas.※If research results or patents will be used, the applicant must have the rights to use them in their business, or they must obtain these rights during the course of the program.
- Persons with the skills to produce prototypes or achieve a certain level of business progress during the program and demonstrate results.