Applications have closed.
Thank you to everyone who applied to the 1st Batch of Open Network Lab BioHealth.
For more information regarding application requirements, please read below
About the Application
- Please fill in all of the required information in a concise manner.
- Please do not include highly confidential information about your business in your application, such as source code, structural formula of compounds, gene sequence information, or other technical information that is the core of your business.
Additionally, such highly confidential information should not be disclosed throughout the period of application, selection and program participation unless given with consent, on the written request of Digital Garage, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as “Digital Garage”).
- Inquiries about the progress of the selection process cannot be answered.
- Please note that your results will be delivered to you about a month after the deadline.
Terms of participation
- During the program, your team must actively participate in events organized by the Open Network Lab BioHealth.
- Your team’s activities may be posted on the Open Network Lab BioHealth’s official website and on the various media held by the Digital Garage.
- During the program period, please concentrate on the project you applied with.
- If an unincorporated team or individual wishes to receive funding, the company will need to be incorporated during the program. In addition, when receiving investments, teams will need to sign a separate investment contract.
- During the program, if you are considering a business alliance with or receive investments from a third party, the information must be shared in advance with Digital Garage to enable appropriate support under the program. If Digital Garage deems necessary, you must discuss with Digital Garage.
- Other obligations, such as participation guidelines and application procedures, must be complied with. In addition, you shall agree to the terms of participation provided by the Digital Garage separately.
- Corporation/team/individual engaged in biotechnology/healthcare business (We also welcome IT/data-based biotech/healthcare businesses).
- If research results, patents or other intellectual property rights will be used, the applicant must have the rights to use them in their business, or they must obtain these rights during the course of the program and shall not infringe the rights of any third party.
- Persons with the skills to produce prototypes or achieve a certain level of business progress during the program (approximately 4 months) and demonstrate results.
- The participating individuals, the members of the team, their relatives, stakeholders, are not a part of antisocial forces, and that they do not have any relation with antisocial forces.
*Nationality, age, and gender will not affect your application. However, you must be legally qualified to stay in Japan during the program.
*For minors, parental or legal guardian consent is required.
Handling of Personal Information and Applications
- Applications, including personal information, will be provided to (1) Digital Garages, (2) Open Network Lab BioHealth sponsors and other relevant parties, and (3) if commercialized through Open Network Lab BioHealth, to the extent required for the implementation of the project.
- Purpose of use
- For contacting during the screening and other related-processes.
- Office/wet lab and seminar/mentoring arrangements for program operation.
- Distribution of e-mail magazines for the purpose of providing information to those who are interested.
- The Personal Information provided shall not be provided to any third party other than those listed in the preceding paragraph without the prior approval of the applicant.